In this unboxing video, I take a first-look at the new Zebralight H52w Headlamp and go over some of my favorite features that this little powerhouse offers.
Here is a link to the diffusion film I mention in the video from Candle Power Forums.
LED: Cree XM-L2 Neutral White (Nominal CCT 4400K)
User Selectable Levels: 3 main levels (High, Medium and Low). Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of the each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels.
Light Output (runtimes)
- High: H1 280 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 172 Lm (1.7 hrs) / 108 Lm (3 hrs)
- Medium: M1 50 Lm (7.5 hrs) or M2 25 Lm (12 hrs) / 12 Lm (27 hrs)
- Low: L1 2.7 Lm (4 days) or L2 0.34 Lm (3 weeks) / 0.06 Lm (2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3 months)
- Beacon Strobe Mode: 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1
Light output are ANSI out the front (OTF) values. Runtimes tested (and parasitic drain estimated) using Sanyo 2000mAh Eneloop AA batteries. Light output with 14500 batteries are the same except that the H1 is 500Lm for the first minute and then step down to 280Lm.
Operating Voltage Range: 0.7V - 4.2V
- Battery: One 1.5V AA (NiMH, lithium or alkaline) or 3.7V 14500 li-ion rechargeable. Batteries are not included in the package.
- Parasitic Drain: Negligible (much less than the self discharging of a battery)
- 80 degree spill
- 12 degree hot spot
- Head Diameter: 0.86 inch (21.8 mm)
- Length: 3 inch (76.5 mm)
- Weight: 1.1 oz (32 gram) / 2.9 oz (80 gram) with an Eneloop AA and headband
- Battery capacity indicator (LED flashes 1-4 times, 4 short clicks to start)
- All levels are current regulated
- Low battery alert when the light is switched Off (LED flashes if the battery voltage is below 1.06V)
- Automatic stepping down to lower output when battery (AA and 14500) capacity is low
- Built in over-discharging protection for 14500 batteries at 2.8V cutoff
- Durable electronic soft-touch switch
- Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels and beacon-strobes.
- Precision machined unibody casing from premium grade aluminum bar stocks
- Proprietary heat sinking design bonds the LED board directly to the unibody aluminum casing
- Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
- Sealed and potted LED driver circuitry
- Tempered optical grade glass
- Battery power can be disconnected by slightly unscrewing the tailcap to prevent unwanted activations or parasitic drain
- Waterproof to IPX7 (2 meters, 30 minutes)